Château de Villette
Château de Villette, built in the XVII century and designated as one of the most important historical Château in France, is located approx. 40 minutes west of Paris. The Château was designed by Francois Mansart (1598-1666) for the Count of Aufflay, Jean Dyell II, who served as ambassador to Italy for Louis XIV. The construction was led by Jules Hardouin-Mansart (1646-1708), nephew of François Mansart and a lead architect for Louis XIV. The splendid gardens were designed by Andre Le Notre, who also created the gardens at Versailles. The pedigree and elegance of classic design, brought by him, earned Château de Villette the designation of “Le Petit Versailles”. Château de Villette is set in a French woodland style park of 75ha, located in Condecourt. Over the last few years the Château, its gardens together with two lakes, 16th century pressoire à vin, the magnificent cascade fountain, the glass house and the orangery has been renovated to the highest standards of comfort and luxury by the famous French decorator Jacques Garcia.
One of the most significant historical châteaux in France, château de Villette is both sumptuous and simple with a great great octagonal Grand Salon, an elegant Dining Room with a carved stone buffet, wine cooling fountains and blue and white desks-de-portes by Boucher, a Music Salon with magnificent boiseries, a stately Library, a stone Foyer and Grand Staircase. Château de Villette offers the accommodation in its seven luxury suites in the main wing and seven additional bedrooms in the left wing. Château de Villette is also an ideal venue for any kind of events, weddings and seminars.
The Château is located Northwest of Paris, 40 minutes away from The Champs Elysées. Three major highways, A13, A14 and A15 will lead to Château de Villette. The principle international airports are CDG (40 mins away) and Orly. For private aviation there two more airports are available: Le Bourget (30 mins away) and Pontoise – Cormeilles-en-Vexin (20 mins away).